1. Homemade Chicken Patty
in pita bread.
2. Red pepper Hummus
3. Baby Carrots
Homemade Chicken Patty recipe
They are a superb way to sneak extra veggies into the kids diet without them knowing and hold together fabulously. High in protein, fiber and omega 3.
400g chicken mince
3/4 cup riced broccoli
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 Tabs coconut oil
1. Place 1/2 head of broccoli in the food processor and blitz till rice sized. Should make 3/4 cup of broccoli rice.
2. Place mince, broccoli, flaxseed, coconut flour, egg, mustard and salt and pepper in bowl and mix with your hands!
3. Heat the coconut oil over a large frypan.
4. Place the desiccated coconut on a plate.
5. Shape mixture into patties and press into the desiccated coconut until coated both sides.
6. Fry patties for 4 minutes each side until brown and the coconut is crispy.
Serve with salad, pita bread for a perfect fast family meal, or put into lunch boxes with some dipping sauce.
Recipe and lunchbox shared by nutritional health coach Shazeats – www.shazeats.com